Protect Your Fleet From Fuel Card Fraud
Currently one of the biggest risks that fleet managers face is fraud against their fleet. This is why BP makes every effort to monitor transactions and detect unusual behaviour including sophisticated CCTV coverage at most sites, a dedicated and on hand expert fraud team, multiple anti-fraud checks on every transaction and BP alerts to quickly find out when a card is misused, based on parameters set by fleet managers.
Despite these efforts, it’s imperative that drivers are educated on how to avoid Fuel Card fraud so BP have collated 10 tips to help you protect your company and your drivers.
- When leaving the vehicle, always lock it and take documents including the fuel cards with you as criminals know the perfect hiding places in which to look for valuable things
- Never leave the keys to your vehicle in deposit or with service personnel of a facility you visit
- Plan your stopovers before you leave and make sure you stop at reliable parking lots, considered by drivers as safe
- When resting in your vehicle, keep the documents and the cards with you, and lock your vehicle from the inside
- Do not underestimate any signs of burglary or third party visits to the vehicle. Even if nothing has been stolen, report this incident immediately to your company! In this situation, the data from the magnetic strip of your card could have been copied
- Before setting off, check if you have YOUR card as often, when a vehicle is broken into, cards are not stolen, they are only replaced, which is intended to delay the detection and reporting of the theft
- Stay alert! Pay attention to whether someone is watching you or the vehicle during a stopover, trying to make contact in an intrusive way or asking about the route
- If someone tries to persuade you to sell the card or make it available for the purpose of scanning data from the magnetic strip, please report it to your company. Such information will also be extremely valuable for BP, especially if it took place in car parks or in the vicinity of service stations
- Protect the PIN code for your card and don’t write it down!
- If a driver forgets their PIN code, you can change it online and the update will take about 30 minutes
If you want to start saving your diesel & petrol bills, then look no further than our own BP fuelcard, for more information, click here: https://www.fuelcardservices.com/brand-bp/back