Transport for the North (TfN) has proposed a Strategic Transport Plan (STP) to transform roads, rail, sea and air connections for the North, with the aim of driving long term economic growth. TfN’s vision is for a thriving North of England where modern transport connections drive economic growth and support an excellent quality of life.
The objectives of the STP are:
- Increase efficiency, reliability and resilience in the transport system
- Transform economic performance
- Improve access to opportunities across the North
- Promote and support the built and natural environments
Key programmes to achieve TfN’s vision include:
- Northern Powerhouse Rail: to link the North’s six main cities and Manchester Airport, as well as other significant economic centres
- Major Road Network: evaluating how best to strengthen the roads across the North that are vital for economic growth
- Integrated and Smart Travel: bringing a new era of simple and seamless public transport journey across the North
TfN is seeking your views on the draft STP for the North and is carrying out a public consultation between now and 17 April 2018, including a series of drop in sessions across the North. To find out more and to submit your feedback, please visit the Transport for the North website.
Posted on 24th July 2018
< Back to Latest News