“Boilers account for about 55% of what you spend in a year on energy bills, so an efficient boiler makes a big different.” Energy Saving Trust (2014)
1. Open blinds and shutters during daylight hours to ensure maximum light and heat is entering the room. At night make sure these are closed to insulate the building and avoid heat escaping.
2. If possible, keep exterior/automatic doors shut to keep heat in.
3. Insulate any pipes to avoid them freezing. This will also help with keeping your water warm.
4. Check your boiler has been serviced to ensure you are getting maximum efficiency
5. Repair any leaking taps to avoid excess costs.
6. Check the timer on your heating so that the warming of your rooms matches their occupancy.
7. Avoid overheating your boiler- According to British Gas (2015) reducing the
temperature by just 1°C can cut fuel consumption by 8%.
Fuel Card Services have partnered with Make It Cheaper Ltd to bring to you exclusive deals to help cut the cost of business energy, click here to find out more.
Posted on 14th December 2015
< Back to Latest News