“Up to 40% of a building’s electricity use is accounted for by lighting.” Carbon Trust (2011)
1. Turn off all lights at the end of the day – and if rooms are unoccupied during the day.
2. Replace old lighting with more efficient LEDs (Light Emitting Diodes) or CFLs (Compact Fluorescent Lamps).
3. Consider how many lights are turned on and whether it’s necessary.
1. If possible, keep computers turned off at night and the weekend.
2. Turn off printers, fax machines and other electrical devices when not in use.
3. Keep photocopiers in ventilated spaces to avoid unnecessary work for air conditioners.
4. Track your energy by taking regular readings and establish where energy is being wasted.
Fuel Card Services have partnered with Make It Cheaper Ltd to bring to you exclusive deals to help cut the cost of business energy, click here to find out more.
Posted on 21st December 2015
< Back to Latest News