A partnership has been launched by road safety charity Brake and UK insurance giant Aviva. The new partners aim to encourage as many motorists as possible across the UK to make a Personal Pledge to improve their road safety awareness.
Highlighting the need for all road users to have safety at the forefront of their mind at all times, the Pledge calls on individuals to remember six simple rules:
- Always drive within the speed limit and appropriately to the conditions they face.
- Never drive after consuming alcohol or drugs.
- Always remember to wear a seatbelt and make sure passengers do too.
- Never use a mobile phone at the wheel, including texting, talking or surfing the internet.
- Take regular eye tests (at least every two years) to ensure their vision is clear and sharp.
- Drive in a sustainable manner at all times, only taking to the roads if they have to.
By adhering to these simple steps, it is hoped travellers up and down the country will be safer and more responsible in the years ahead.
Peter Markey, brand communications & marketing director at Aviva, said: "For many years now Brake has done some outstanding work to make our roads safer for all, so it's fantastic to be able to join forces to continue this mission.
"By working together we will keep striving to make roads safer for pedestrians, passengers and motorists alike. I have already made the Pledge myself and we urge everyone to get involved."
Posted on 14th July 2016
< Back to Latest News