FORS Approved status for fleet management courses can be gained in order to meet the training requirements set out at Annex 2 of the FORS Standard version 5 for Bronze requirement ‘M3 Responsible person’.
There are two routes for organisations to achieve FORS Approved status:
- Automatic approval for operator licence awareness courses delivered by professional bodies that are referenced in the Senior Traffic Commissioner Statutory Documents 1 and 3; and
- Assessed approval for fleet management courses delivered by organisations – these are submitted and assessed by FORS as having met specific training objectives relevant to the type of fleet operation
Please click here to review the FORS Approved training document which includes information on automatic and assessed approval, and details of how to apply.
Under version 5 of the FORS Standard, the responsible person must have undertaken ONE of the following courses within the past five years, as detailed at Annex 2:
- Level 3 Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) for Transport Managers relevant to the type of Operator Licence held – details can be found at approved Transport Manager CPC examination centres; OR
- FORS Professional Fleet Management Essentials course – dates to be released in the coming weeks; OR
- FORS Approved training course on fleet management – as detailed above
A transitional provision is in place for this new mandatory training requirement – check Annex 6 of the FORS Standard version 5 for details.
Posted on 30th November 2018
< Back to Latest News