B S Bains Haulage Contractors are a family run business, based in Hayes, they are a sub-contractor for Tarmac and transport aggregate and asphalt. Transport Manager Shalbit Singh Bains and owner Balbir Singh Bains continually observe the FORS standard when reviewing and making decisions for the business.
We were introduced to FORS by Tarmac. We began to implement and review our procedures straight away to enable us to apply for Bronze. BS Bains Haulage Contractor, passed our bronze audit and soon realised how beneficial FORS became to the company.
We knew once we had our Bronze accreditation we had to achieve our Silver FORS. The information available from FORS for our company has enabled us to effectively look at how our company was performing with fuel management, driver training through e-learning.
As an accredited FORS company we have found the information available to us invaluable, FORS has helped us with our driver training, tool box talks and fuel management, we have found FORS our on-going training tool for everyone involved in the company.
‘Since implementing FORS standards into our company, we feel it is invaluable to us moving forward as a business’- Balbir Singh Bains
FORS e-learning will continue to be a practical way of improving our knowledge and learning from others for all at BS Bains haulage contractors.
‘We are committed to ongoing driver training to protect all vulnerable road users.’ -Shabrit Singh Bains
Once we were Bronze we decided that we should progress to Silver which we were accredited, we then knew the only way was GOLD.
- We continue to monitor our fuel efficiency, with ongoing training through FORS on how to improve our figures.
|MPG||Incidents per 100,000 Kms||Number of PCNs|
|Nov 16-Jan 17||9.83||0||0|
- All our drivers complete a Medical Declaration on an annual basis. Also a driver fitness policy is issued which informs employees they have to inform the company immediately of any medical issues.
- When we do recruit it is usually by word of mouth and recommendations, we are looking into young driver training schemes.
- We have looked at all possible noise pollution generated, loading point and delivery point.
- We have researched alternative transport modes to include Hybrid and Hydrogen powered vehicles, when vehicles are bought to the market that enables us to use t them for our workload, we will definitely look into the possibility, in the meantime we use a Euro 6 vehicle.
Becoming FORS Gold accredited will show that our company is dedicated to continual improvements in our service to Tarmac and their customers.
Posted on 26th June 2018
< Back to Latest News